Monday, October 21, 2013

Tending Our Feathers

      It's been a while since I posted, sorry about that, but I finally cracked the code and got back into my blog.  I haven't been blogging, but I have been painting!

      This is an oil painting that I did on my recent painting vacation to the Buckhorn Inn with my family and good painting friends.   A wonderful week in the mountains, inspiring nature to paint, and wonderful food at the Inn!  Join us if you are a painter next year.

      The Inn has two resident swans on their pond.  I decided to paint them preening on the bank with the trees from the other side do the pond reflected in the water,  This is an 8X8" painting on a linen panel.  Must be out of practice, you will have to click on the painting to view the whole painting. :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very well done!

I usually paint landscapes and seascapes, but recently did a few paintings of goldfinches and wood ducks. God's feathered friends are so beautiful.

I think for the 30 in 30 I'm going to see if I an do a series of songbirds...get myself out of the usual landscape motifs.

These feathered beauties are really done quite well! Bravo!